Saltwater Fishing in Dubai

• As Reinhold mentioned Dubai is renowned as a Winter/early Spring fishery - March is probably the best month - for Sailfish in particular. That part of the Gulf, they tend to fish around 50 to 60km offshore, is relatively shallow, around 30/35 metres. But during the Summer months it becomes literally too hot for the Sails. Marlin can be encountered but they're a long way off in the deep water on the eastern side of the Gulf and, realistically, too close to Iranian territorial water.

The Sailfish can be big, up to 55 kilos and prolific in numbers - not quite Guatemala, but some of our members have taken 6 in a day on the fly.

There are reasonable boats located there and here are a couple of their web sites -
    http://www.oceanactive.com/

and
    http://www.firstclasstravel.de/billfishing.htm

. Interestingly you'll notice the second, a travel company, is hosted in Germany.
    The sites do mention the inshore fishing but I understand that sediment created from that huge current development, the artificial islands that constitute 'the Palm', is forcing the smaller species offshore.

Dave
    Honorary Life President
    Sportfishing Club of the British Isles

• Dave, Reinhold: Many thanks.

I worked in Dubai for almost 17 months.

Best fishing is on the UAE east coast.

Where you will find Dorado. Queen Fish, King Mackerel the Odd Yellow Fin Tuna and Sail Fish

Queen Fish,

Dorado

Gerhard

SOUTH AFRICA
    Whatever foreign shores my feet must tread, My hopes for thee are not yet dead, They freedom's sun may for awhile be set, But not for ever,God does not forget. From Commando - Deneys Reitz

• Dieses Thema enthält 2 weitere Beiträge, die nur für registrierte Benutzer sichtbar sind, bitte registrieren Sie sich oder melden Sie sich an um diese lesen zu können.

Big-Game Partner

PE12

PecheXtreme

Getawaytours

Jigabite

Jupiter Sunrise Lodge

Big Game Fischen Kroatien

GT-Fishing.com