Fangberichte 2007 Punta Cana

• hallo an die deutschsprachige Big Game gemeinde.
    im anhang habe ich die bisherigen Fangberichte 2007 aus Punta Cana kopiert, ich denke man muss das nicht unbedingt uebersetzen um verstanden zu werden.
    viel spass und dicke fische fuer alle
    Mike

The Best Of
    please send your own Reports
    after fishing with Mike's Marina.
    send them to Mike@MikesMarina.info
    and send them as a review to
    Review@DebbiesDominicanTravel.com
    so new visitors get real Feedback
    from real Customers.

white Marlin release May 2007

Billfish on the Fly
    80lbs white Marlin
    May 2007

Andrew Ferguson and white Marlin Record on Flyfishing tackle

White Marlin Banner and Record Fly May 2007

[ add to contacts ]

To: mike@MikesMarina.info
    Cc:
    Date: Saturday, April 21, 2007 08:23 pm
    Subject: Our split charter April 10, 2007

Hello Mike!

I just wanted to write and let you know that we had an awesome experience on our half day charter last week. Both me and Dwayne caught a Mahi Mahi and it was just an excellent day. I want to thank you for all the quick responses to my emails and we will see you again the next time we are in Punta Cana (hopefully next year!). You have a wonderful crew as well, they really know what they are doing! I have attached a few pictures from our trip in case you want to include any of our catch on your website! Images can be found on http://www.MikesMarina.info/FishingReports2007.html

Thanks again for the wonderful day!
    Alison Hackett and Dwayne Evoy

Alison Hackett and Mahi Mahi Dorado

Dwayne Evoy on Dorado

Dwayne and Alison April 2007

Keith Schlosser fighting his white Marlin March 23rd 2007

March 23rd Keith Schlosser

HEY MIKE ME AND MY GIRLFRIEND DID A CHARTER FROM YOU IN LATE MARCH CAUGHT A 5 1/2 FOOT WHITE MARLIN WHAT A THRILL THANKS FOR THE SERVICE IT WAS GREAT KEITH SCHLOSSER
    jumping white Marlin on the hook by Keith Schlosser

Monday April 2nd by Lisa Bastian

Hi Mike,

I just wanted to let you know that my husband and daughter had a wonderful fishing experience. They really enjoyed the friendly crew and the successful trip. I think my husband said the boat caught a total of 20. I know that his arms were tired.

Thanks again,
    Lisa

Tuesday March 27th by Yance Yore

Hey Mike,

This is an old message that i am replying to but it is all i had left. I am sending you this thanking you for everything setting up my best fishing trip since I caught my 185 pound tarpon four years ago. Your crew was awesome and professional and put me in the chair to land six Dorado out of eight with one huge bull. The only reason we didn't land them all is we didn't have enough hands. We had 3 on at the same time twice and my wife, as your boys would say, was introduced to their friend RALPH...She wasn't much help.

I have already had one guy contact you from Chicago and I will give your name to anyone who asks. I look forward to my next visit and you will definetly get a call.

Thanks Again and Good Luck

Yance Yore

Images by Yance Yore.
    to see the complete colection just visit www.MikesMarina.info/fishingreports2007.html
    choppy Sea but great fishing by Yance Yore

Mike's Marina Fishing Charters Tony Parsons
    March 2007
    I had another great day fishing with Mike's Marina Deep Sea Fishing off Punta Cana this year. Last year we caught a big sailfin, this year its was even better. We set out in the afternoon with a fairly heavy swell and headed out way offshore. 5 dolphins joined the boat and swam with us for quite a long time before we hit a shoal of mahi mahi (dolphin fish). The lines were going off in all directions and the crew worked damned hard to help get the fish in and re-bait the rods. We caught 20 fish on our boat!!

Fantastic. I would highly recommend this company, very professional and they find the fish too!! Can't wait to go with them again.
    Toni and his Sail

Mike's Marina Fishing Charters Brad
    March 2007
    Another GREAT year using Mikes Marina. Prebooked everything on the internet using Paypal so everything was very easy to do. Mike personally responded to all my e-mails. My little 5 year old went in a little 20 foot boat - just to do some simple fishing with his Dad. Last year he caught some this year he got something too big for our line we brought took everything so my son has his big fish story!!!! Mike provides all the fishing equipement but my little fisherman wanted to bring his own!

The rest of the gang went on the big 42 foot boat. I am very use to deep sea fishing and know sea sickness can hit anyone so a childrens gravel before you go takes the edge off. One of our guys hit a Maui Maui and everyone was very excited. Everyone enjoyed the views from the boat - they also drove right past the sunken ship. We did a half day tour and everyone got back to the resort to have a late lunch and tell all the fish stories! Thanks to the crews (they are the best!!!!) and a special thanks to Mike! your amazing!

You can see pictures in my photo album - the fishing pictures are in my Majestic Colonial album and last years photos in Ocean Sands photo album!
    http://community.webshots.com/user/holiday2fun
    Any questions feel free to e-mail me! holiday2@rogers.com

Brandon Day and his 2007 Dorado

[ add to contacts ]

To: mike@mikesmarina.info
    Cc:
    Date: Thursday, March 01, 2007 02:35 pm
    Subject: Re: deposit received

Hi Mike,

Just wanted to thank you and your crew for a truly memorable fishing trip. Emilio and Franklin worked hard to find us fish and we were rewarded with 9 Mahi and a beautiful White Marlin. Looking forward to hooking up next time I am in town.

Alan Kaufman

P.S. Please have the captain e-mail me the pictures that he took with his digital camera.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To: "ALAN KAUFMAN" <fishnow@msn.com>
    Subject: Re: deposit received
    Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2007 18:07:14 +0000

Alan,
    bring any kind of tackle you prefer to use, we are flexibel on that.
    we use anyways a mix of ballyhoo and artificial baits, no problem to put your lucky ones on.
    Mike

[ add to contacts ]

To: Mike@mikesmarina.info
    Cc:
    Date: Monday, February 26, 2007 02:47 pm
    Subject: Fishing on 2-20-2007

Hi Mike
    If i did this right there is a few pics. of a few of the fish we got on the 20th.
    We got 29 Mai Mai that day. We had a gteat day Mike.
    Thanks for a Great Day!
    Ernie Canney

February 24th, Images by Kamil from Poland
    complete collection found on Fishing Reports 2007

[ add to contacts ]

To: Michael Wagner <mike@mikesmarina.info>
    Cc:
    Date: Tuesday, February 20, 2007 11:25 am
    Subject: RE: Fishing trip

Mike: Thanks for the reply. If and when you do get your hands on some T shirts , let me know and I will arrange payment. Please find my report below.

Feb 10 Fishing Trip
    Left El Cortecito at approximately 14:00 hrs under Captain Emilio Santana and First Mate Franklin aboard the Intrepido. The weather was partly cloudy wilth calm seas. Our charter consisted of a party of five , including myself , my wife Pam, Floyd from New Brunswick , Canada, and two gentlemen from St Louis, USA, Terry and Chris. After about 30 minutes we cleared the reef and Franklin rigged and dropped five lines , four with ballyhoo, and one large marlin teaser. Action was a little slow to start, bringing in only one small Dorado ( Chris ) and losing one large Dorado ( Me, of course ). About two hours in the action really picked up , as we hit a school and lit up all five lines at once. This coincided with a break in the weather , as the sun came out , resulting in a lot of fun for everyone. Over the next hour we repeated this action several times, with everyone bringing in at least two good size Dorado, and my wife Pam , landing her first ever Wahoo. All told we banged eleven Dorado and one Wahoo and had a very good time. Emilio and Franklin were great hosts, and kept us laughing the whole time. The group, who did not know one another prior to the charter, got along famously and we all ended up feasting on our catch later that night at the Captain Cook. Thanks Mike, we will definately be back next year.
    Best Regards

Tim Fisch
    General Manager
    Mount Polley Mining Corporation
    Tim Fish and Dorado

January 22nd by Greg Cory

Review of Mikes Marina and Deep Sea Fishing Charter

In The Beginning:

I have been deep sea fishing before this trip although never in the Dominican, same goes for several of my guests, so we pretty much knew what we were getting into. And although the trips were never that fruitful in the past, it was always a good time out in the sea with friends, so I knew I wanted to do it again this time. We contacted Mikes Marina several times via email leading up to our trip and they always responded very quickly and were very accommodating to our requests. We scheduled a half day charter for 12 guests on January 22nd 2007.

The Morning:

A nice shuttle bus picks you up outside your hotel – very prompt…but early in the morning. And although we scheduled it for 12 people, 2 of those 12 could not awake from the previous nights partying so off we went with 10 of us. Although the boat would have accommodated 12, a few less people was not the worst thing in the world. We arrived at the Ocean, where Mike’s headquarters is, and paid our half day charter fee. We also had Mike add a few little “grocery” items, so we paid for these here as well. Once we were all paid up, we boarded the taxi boat and headed out to our charter.

Fishing:

We had a gorgeous day, so much open water, and a lot of nice views of the Island. It was not long until the first mate, aka deckhand, was hard at work. Watching him prepare the baits was one of my favourite things on the trip, you could tell even from this that he was the right man for the job. The engines stopped and the baits went out. I think it was just less than an hour into the trip the deckhand sprung into action, he saw what he thought was a White Marlin miss one of our baits (Let me tell you, you have to be incredibly good at this to notice that, because looking out the back of the boat, you see the baits, you see the waves and the lines, but there is no way in hell you’re seeing a fish)…anyway, he removed the rod from the holster, let out some line, and turns out found what he was looking for. The Marlin enticed a second time, took the bait. I give full credit to his knowledge of fishing for this catch, otherwise it would have been the fish that got away…that nobody noticed. Anyway, I found myself in the captains’ chair for 20 minutes, before I was exhausted, the White Marlin, roughly 45lbs was the fight of my life. It jumped so many times it looked like a fake promotional video – I finally tired it out, got it to the boat, then it turned and ran into the sunset like flipper, jumping the entire way as my reel just spun out hundreds of yards of slack – so I passed the rod off to my father and went to rest. After another 15-20 minutes the fish was in the boat – what a monster, and already well worth the trip.

For the rest of the trip we found various schools of Mahi-Mahi (Dorado’s in Spanish), everyone who wanted a chance, got to reel one in. They ranged from 7-12lbs, and although a far cry from the fight the Marlin gave us, an excellent afternoon of fish. We even had a double header of monster 25+lbs Mahi Mahi’s on, not to brag, but I got mine in by myself and another friend had his line snap. I don’t think he took the best approach to reeling it in – to correct this: listen to the instructions from the deckhand very carefully – and don’t panic – the fish is on, it’s not going anywhere, error on the side of caution rather than forcing it. All told my dad and I assisted each other on a 45lb Marlin, I reeled in a 25lb Dorado, and 6 others reeled in a fish, 8 fish in total. What a trip!

Tips:

Of all of our previous deep sea adventures, this was the roughest water. And although the boat handles it great, people’s stomachs don’t. 5 of the 10 of us “chummed” the water, including 2 seasoned veterans who have never been sick before. The best cure we found, were those behind your ear stickers. I didn’t need them, but the two people who used them were fine. I think they are $15 for 2 of them, wear both if you’re afraid, you should be fine.

If you want a nice picture of your Dorado’s, see if you can snap your pictures right away. These fish are gorgeous colours, bright yellows/blue/green, but the colour fades away quite quickly, so see about snapping a picture right away. The other fish look the same once you get back to shore, so you can wait for those.

Keep your electrical equipment dry! I recommend bringing a leather case, or even a plastic bag covering your camera (other than the lens), you never know when some mist, or some water, or if you drop it etc. Just be extra careful, cameras do not do well with water, especially sea water.

When you’re traveling out to sea, keep your eye out for flying fish – no seriously. Fish, about 8” long will just from the sea, travel 50-80 yards then return from where they came. They’re like nautical hummingbirds, and well worth seeing – and you better see one too, or else you won’t believe me – very cool.

Bring a backpack of stuff. Chips, snacks, sandwiches if you want them. Extra sunscreen, and wear a hat!

Tip your crew. Your driver finds the fish, don’t underestimate that aspect, and your deckhand is just awesome. If you have a GREAT day, what’s another $10 per guy? We caught so many fish I thought that that would help go towards the tip, but the success was too much, so we tipped anyway. And bring extra hats – hats in the DR are like currency, and a great sign of respect and a nice gesture. We gave our driver and deckhand fishing hats from our local derby – they loved them! And you better have a hat to give Mike if you catch a fish!

By Greg Cory

greg@corvisionmarketing.com

Big-Game Partner

PE12

PecheXtreme

Getawaytours

Jigabite

Jupiter Sunrise Lodge

Big Game Fischen Kroatien

GT-Fishing.com