Maine and travel update..

• Maine Saltwater Fishing and Travel fishing....

Hi All- Just a quick update on fishing around the Caribbean and south.
    - Mexico (Campeche): Just had some clients return from tarpon fishing in Mexico. Jim McGrath and Alex M. Spent 7 days chasing the baby tarpon of Campeche. They reported a wonderful time, they did have tough conditions for fly fishing. Wind which in turn produced alot of floating weeds, and temps in the 90's which made mid-day fishing a scorching event. They reported our outfitter went out of his way to accomodate them and get them the best of the tarpon fishing. They fished early morning and split the day and went back out late afternoon and evening. They ended up having windows of opportunity with schools of "high & happy" tarpon. The biggest of the fish being in the 25lb range. They really enjoyed the fishing and the town and are planning a repeat trip for 2008.
    Other reports from around the south were WIND, everyone seems to be experiencing high winds this spring all over the south making fly fishing tough- I hope it settles down for those who have fishing planned this upcoming month.
    New England : We are just around the corner from the striped bass season here in Maine. Reports are coming from MA. and RI that school sized stripers are starting to show in the ponds and estuaries. We are about 2 weeks away from the first stripers making a show here in Maine.
    Don't forget about fly fishing for baby bluefin tuna here in Maine this season !! I am starting to fill many dates with new and repeat fishing customers. Please contact me for open tides and dates for the 2007 season...
    -Look forward to fishing with you all this season.
    -Capt. John Ford
    http://www.mainesaltwaterfishing.com
    Portland, Maine

Big-Game Partner

PE12

PecheXtreme

Getawaytours

Jigabite

Jupiter Sunrise Lodge

Big Game Fischen Kroatien

GT-Fishing.com