Cabo San Lucas Fish Report and Baja Fishing

• Jc Sportfishing Weekly Fish
    Report.

As the Admiral Seas
    It

Fishing Report: 2/24/13 to 3/3/13

Now is the time to come to Cabo as the
    fishing is still really good and not only that there is some really good deals
    on airfares lately as Spirit Airlines has some really good deals. You might
    want to look into this and also if you are in LA or San Diego you might think
    about flying out of Tijuana as the rates are much cheaper for TJ to Cabo. Just
    something to think about.

Jc Sportfishing
    Charters is a family owned and operated business and has been fishing in Cabo
    San Lucas for the past 18 years. Jerry, explains that his charter business is
    geared more for families and novice anglers,
    making sure everyone who charters a boat with him has a great time and
    lots of fun. We welcome families and groups. We want everyone who fishes with
    us to take all the sites in and have memorable experience. This is what is most
    important to us. We have and do a few tournaments each year and can cater to fisherman
    who might be interested in tournament fishing. Lets get on with the report for
    this past week.

WATER: Some chop
    in the afternoons but in general pretty good this past week. Water temperature
    has been going from 74 to 69 degrees depending on where you are at. Really in
    some areas there is a 5 or 6 degree difference in water temp. Of course the
    pacific side is a bit cooler but the fishing has still been decent. We did run
    into some blue water offshore a ways and inshore it was more areas of green
    water.

WEATHER: Well typical nice Cabo weather over the last week. Really nice
    days in the mid 80,s and cooling to mid 50,s at night. Its really been perfect
    fishing weather.

CABO SAN LUCAS WEATHER: There really is not a bad time of
    year to visit Cabo San Lucas, although many travelers go in the
    summer to make maximum use of the Cabo San Lucas beaches, to take advantage of
    discounted prices, and to vacation with their school-age children. Cabo
    San Lucas generally stays at a moderate temperature throughout the year,
    although travelers coming from cooler climates might think that summers are a
    bit hot or that winters aren't hot enough. Average summer temperatures in
    Cabo San Lucas are sixty five degree lows and ninety five degree highs.
    Average winter temperatures are sixty degree lows and seventy five degree
    highs. The one weather problem which occasionally plagues Cabo San Lucas is a
    series of tropical storms which hit the area in the latter months of the summer
    each year. However, these storms rarely affect Cabo San Lucas directly,
    usually staying out in the ocean or hitting the shores in areas
    surrounding Cabo San Lucas instead of hitting Cabo San Lucas directly.

SAN JOSE DEL CABO
    WEATHER:
    Some say that San Jose del Cabo has the perfect weather - and
    that's true. Most of the year, you will have sunny skies and cool breezy
    nights. Much like the summer weather that we are all used to. It does get
    warmer, and more humid in the summer months, leading up to September which is
    hurricane season. The heat and humidity are high, and the risk of tropical
    storms means that you will get many cloudy, and even rainy days in September.
    The weather breaks mid October and then it's back to beautiful weather once
    again.

BILLFISHING: Still
    good numbers of Striped Marlin being caught up and down the pacific from Solmar
    to Golden Gate you just have to get lucky and find them. We did have some luck
    over this past week with our own Bob Marlin landing a few over the week. Most were
    caught on the Pacific side but I have heard of some being caught at the 1150
    and 95 spots. Most of the Striped Marlin caught in this area are normally 90 to
    160 pounds. So its pretty common to catch a Marlin in the 120 to 140 range and
    if its your first Marlin that’s a good start.

BAIT: Bait is the standard
    3.00 dollares a piece and there has been plenty around. DORADO: Early in the week good numbers of Dorado were being caught
    in the area of the Light House all the way up to Migrino. They were hitting
    live bait and small hootchies. Later in the week the fished had moved all the
    way up to inside the Golden Gate with most fish in the 20 pound range. The Dorado
    were all over the place just not in the numbers we were seeing a couple weeks
    ago . Inshore and offshore were both producing Dorado in the range of 7 to 20
    pounds.

INSHORE: Good numbers of Snappers up at Margarita pitching live
    bait in to the rocks has been productive, quite a few small Dorado inshore also Yellowtail
    and Sierra in the picture over the last week. Lots of Yellowtail right at the
    Arch, just keep your eyes out for the fish cops early in the morning. If you
    move up toward the Pedregal Rocks and up to Margarita jigging Rapals and some
    Yellowtail even taking live bait with down riggers.. You can kill the Sierras
    in the same areas as the Yellowtail. They are here in numbers than previous
    weeks.

TUNA: Really good Tuna fishing happeningover this past week . We ran out about
    8 miles off of the Light House and as far north as Jamie Banks. Some days the
    Tuna were running with Porpoise and other days we caught them with a blind
    strike. Best action was with spreader bars and cedar plugs. Lots of boats
    reporting 15 to 20 a day from 7 to 20 pound range.

WAHOO: I haven’t heard of any Wahoo this past week.

BEWARE: Remember if
    your not renting charter boats from companies who have been established in Cabo
    for the past 20 years ( Jcsportfishing, Pisces Sportfishing, Minervas, Redrum,
    Picante Fleet) you might have problems. There are many sportfishing fleets on
    the internet who are really not established business, who are operating
    illegally. Lots of these outfits are renting you a boat they have never even
    looked at and don’t even know where you would board the boat, leaving you the
    task of trying to find the boat. They don’t even have an office you can go and
    confirm your charter boat. You do not want to spend a day walking around
    looking for the boat and where you board. If you wait till the day you are
    fishing and go to the dock where your boat is many times people will mislead
    you to another boat or dock trying to put you on a boat that was not meant for
    you. You need to have a person guide you to your boat, who is from a reputable
    charter company. This way there is no confusion or misleading. Lots of vendors
    renting boats in the hotels are not reputable and don’t care about your interest and care more
    about a commission . 75% of the Cabo Fishing websites on Google are not even in
    business anymore or might be just brokers who don’t have an office in Cabo.
    Some of the Google websites are misleading and not established .Please remember
    when renting Sport fishing boats in Cabo that you rent your boat from reputable
    and established business. Walk into a fishing fleet office and ask questions
    about what you are getting and what are the costs. You dont want to rent boats
    from vendors in the streets and you do not want to book through shady websites
    offering you the world. You need to go to the fishing fleet office, while in
    Cabo and book your boat. Check through travel forums about reputable fishing
    fleets to deal with. Look for testimonials about the fleet your booking your charter
    with. Ask about what will the boat be supplying? Will it include beverages or
    lunches? How much does it cost to fillet your catch? Check to see if charter
    boat is insured? Ask about getting your catch smoked? Check cost of fishing
    license. These are just a few things to consider when booking your charter
    boat. We will be talking more about this in next weeks fishing report. Until
    next time good fishing and we hope to see you in Cabo soon. Come by the office
    here in Cabo and get all the latest up to date fishing report.

• JC, many thanks for your mouthwatering postings... yet, respectfully,
    I do have a piece of advice:

This is a strictly amateur board, German might be the prime language of
    communication which does´nt make the user less silly than others around
    the old continent neighbourhood...

May i suggest:
    Thanks for any advice and report, but do make yourself a sponsor of this board
    and you can be taken serious as a marketing agent, which you are considering
    your unsolicited denunciations of competitors less connected off the St.Lucas
    Arc cliffs.

You understood me well, I believe.

Much appreciated

PARGO

================================
    si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

• Pargo
    I wanted to thank you for your suggesstions. Although I just wanted to tell you to go................................... :strafe:
    You understand me very well im sure.
    Thanks

• Hey, its not the right sound for this place! Everytime, nice pleas, and all time easy. Thanks, and the price for a banner(1 year) is 150€. I think, is a good idea. And sorry for my simply english, i hope you anderstand my right.
    TL Carsten

• sorry for my spanish pero chinga su madre. Hope you understand thanks

• Dieses Thema enthält 5 weitere Beiträge, die nur für registrierte Benutzer sichtbar sind, bitte registrieren Sie sich oder melden Sie sich an um diese lesen zu können.

Big-Game Partner

PE12

PecheXtreme

Getawaytours

Jigabite

Jupiter Sunrise Lodge

Big Game Fischen Kroatien

GT-Fishing.com