BIG GIRLS COME OUT TO PLAY

• :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ...SHELL BEACH REPORT 4/30....Had Fred & Sonny aboard this morning for a good old trout slam. We titelined all morning and it paid off as the big girls were full of eggs and getting for the up coming spawn in a few days. Fred had the hot hand today with Sonny a close second and nipping at Fred's heels. Opening Nights on a 1/4 oz. jighead was the bait of choice and the guys used them to put our 75 trout limit in the box from 2 to 4 lbs.. over 20 of them were in the 3 lb. range and were hitting like a freight train. It was a beautiful morning with light winds and I always have a great time fishing with Fred & Sonny.

GREAT TRIP, GREAT GUYS. ANOTHER GREAT DAY IN THE BLAZER BAY.

SPRINGTIME IS HERE, DON'T MISS THE ACTION, GIVE US A CALL.

CHALLENGER RODS, ABU REELS HAULED THEM IN AGAIN.

CAPT. HOOK / ESCAPE FISHING CHARTERS

985 847 0672 H
    504 512 2602 CELL

Bilder

• SANY0051~1.JPG
    • SANY0053~1.JPG
    • SANY0054~1.JPG
  • Hello Capt Hook,

Nice day's fishing, but I'm curious. You say the trout are full of spawn and about to breed (which makes them easy to target), yet the limits allow you to take 75 of them home before they have a chance to shed their eggs..?(...... is this right ?

I'm not bashing you, please, I'm just curious as to how your local fisheries can think it's a good thing to let these fish be hammered at such a critical point in their breeding cycle ? .....how many people in your area fish on a daily basis ?

Oh, is that 25 fish per person ? What do you do with all that fish ? Is
    it good to eat ? If you're allowed 25 fish per day and you're out there
    most days of the season what do you do with it all ???

Roddy

• Spot on - Dr. Rod,

forgive my unsolicited comment cross Atlantic and Equator. :( :(

I might be wrong. Here in Africa, where we just about have good reason to take the bag (plus) home and amply have our family and neighbours benefit from the bonanza, we think twice before we take the link out of the chain... :thumbdown:

I thought I was irresponsible?! ?( ?(

Thanks again for Roddy to formulate it so diplomatically.

PARGO

================================
    si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Pargo Man ()

• :thumbsup: Louisiana has the best managed trout estuary without question. We are blessed with an abundance of trout and there is an old saying that is very true and that is 10 percent of the fisherman catch 90 percent of the fish. As long as there are limits, rod and reel fisherman will not hurt the stocks of trout as this has been proved year in and year out here. Spawning trout are not as easy to catch as you think as they only eat on occasion taking the biggest bait they can find. The people who charter with me take the fish home to be enjoyed by their family and friends as most of these people fish only 2 to 3 times a year and I also bring fish home for my family on occasion. What was destroying the trout stocks were the gill netters and this was ended in the early nineties after it was stopped and in a short span of 3 years later trout stocks have increased at a steady pace and are flourishing now. I'm glad you all are concerned and if you want to find out more about out trout stocks you can google the Louisiana Dept. of Wildlife and Fisheries, and thanks again for your concern but don't worry the key is understanding our fishery, we have it under control.

Louisiana trout bag & size limits: 25 trout per person Minimum size... 12 inches

Redfish....5 per person between 16 & 27 inches with 1 over 27 inches allowed in that limit

Capt. Hook / Escape Fishing Charters

Big-Game Partner

PE12

PecheXtreme

Getawaytours

Jigabite

Jupiter Sunrise Lodge

Big Game Fischen Kroatien

GT-Fishing.com