1251lb Marlin in Kona caught today

• Hi guys,
    today I read in the forum of sportifshermen, that they caught a BIIIG Marlin with 1251 lb. Some more informations from Tim Robertson from Melton Tackle:

The 54 foot "Integrity" with Captain Rob McGuckin landed one of the largest Blue Marlin in Kona in the last 10 years.

Only the 1,258 caught by Bomboy Llanes in 2003 was bigger and you have to go back to Darrin Isaacs fish in 1992 (weighing 1,356) to find another larger Blue...As you may have been reading, there have been plenty of big fish this spring, I guess this one just reinforces this is a good looking year for Kona,HI.

Kevin Nakamaru also released a nice fish over 500 today as well...

Interesting side note, Fran O'Brien has leadered a bigger Blue, believe it or not 400 lbs. larger, having leadered the legendary 1,656 caught on the Black Bart (now the Huntress). Nice to know when a 1,200 Lb. fish comes up on leader the deckhand has not only been running boats and crewing for 30 years, but has also leadered much BIGGER fish...

Maybe we can get some pictures of the fish......

Uwe

I'll get more details for tomorrow, everything I am getting right now his second hand.

Kona anyone?

• I know that Blue Marlin have been caught in every month of the year from the BIG Island - Hawaii itself - but most of the largest fish are encountered during the late Spring and Summer months. (And that's when most of the tournaments are held. The famed HIBT (Hawaiian International Billfish Tournament) for example is normally held in early July.) So an even more incredible fish for me.

It was fasciating as well for me to see mention in Uwe's initial post of the 1258 pounder caught by Bomboy Llanes. Part of an Hawaiian angling dynasty, the Llanes as were the Parkers (George and his sons Marlin and Randy)! On one of the practice days before the Silver Anniversary HIBT I had the privilege fished with John Llanes and his son. I suspect 'Bomboy' though is part of that next generation.

Dave
    Honorary Life President
    Sportfishing Club of the British Isles

Big-Game Partner

PE12

PecheXtreme

Getawaytours

Jigabite

Jupiter Sunrise Lodge

Big Game Fischen Kroatien

GT-Fishing.com