Fishing Report From Puerto Rico for january 5, 2008

• Good Morning and Happy New year to all of you cyber anglers! Captain Till here with the latest report from beautiful San Juan,Puerto Rico. The temperature is in the upper 80's and the skies are clear for this coming weekend.
    Been catching the usual winter fish of 10 to 40 pounds, very abundant at this moment, and had a customer from North Carolina who was fishing a large Bay Anchovy, hooked a 100 to 110 pound tarpon, fought it for almost two and a half hours on 16 pound test line, only to lose it besides the boat when his line wrapped around his rod tip as he lowered the rod while pumping. I had already touched the fish a few times as I tried to grab his jaw to bring him into the boat for photos.
    It was an epic battle, we prevented the fish from breaking off into the mangrove roots on many occasions and had to constantly fight the fish from lurching under the boat, a combination of boat handling skills and angler experience.
    We have been fishing almost every day and have kept a tight monitoring of the tarpon schools, don't be fooled, we do our homework on our time and this allows you to fish for the maximum time!
    You can contact me at 787-448-6665 and we can talk about the fishing scene here in Puerto Rico, again Happy New Year, with lots of health and hope to hear from you soon!
    God Bless Our troops! May they stay safe!

For any information on Puerto Rico, Cuba, Dominican Republic, as I take groups to all these places and you can join us for a fly fishing or spinning destination, just send me an email to:
    tillbrauer@gmail.com or visit my web site: http://www.quicksilver-fishing.com See you next tide!

• Many Thanks Captain Till. Chilly as we currently are in northern Europe I certainly enjoyed reading your report and viewing your web site.

I suppose I hadn't even thought about Puerto Rico as a Tarpon destination - always previously associated it with Blue Marlin - until I viewed one of the IGFA DVDs. But looks good! And I suppose as well as travelling via the 'States there're now a range of companies offering package holidays to PR direct from Europe.

Dave

Dave
    Honorary Life President
    Sportfishing Club of the British Isles

Big-Game Partner

PE12

PecheXtreme

Getawaytours

Jigabite

Jupiter Sunrise Lodge

Big Game Fischen Kroatien

GT-Fishing.com