WINDY, BUT THE TROUT AND REDFISH DIDN'T SEEM TO MIND

• SHELL BEACH, LA. REPORT 10/28......George, Perry & Mike joined me yesterday morning for a windy start to a beautiful day in the Biloxi Marsh. Stopped by Campo's and picked up some of their world famous "catch fish or die trying" live shrimp and some good conversation to boot with Robbie and F.J. and after filling the well we headed for the marsh with trout and reds on our minds. Mike was in town for a few days and wanted to get a fishing trip in with his dad and brother and this was the day. We caught the end of the rising tide and it was slow going until it started to fall then the trout got active. They were throwing live shrimp 2 ft. under a rattling cork and were getting hits almost every cast with a few throwbacks but the action was the key as they were having a ball reeling them in. When they got their fill if trout we headed for some ponds and some "Cajun Bonefish" action. We pulled into a small pond with clear water and they casted to the grassline with the shrimp and after a few minutes the cork on Mikes rod slowly went down and as he set the hook the fight was on, it was a big red and it was angry as it broke water several times and made a few circles around the boat but Mike did a great job and I netted the fish and broke out the digital scale and the red weighed 14.2 lbs. He said it was his biggest red to date and he was a happy camper. The guys landed 5 more from 5 to 8 lbs. and by this time they were ready to head for the "Beach" and relax while cleaned the fish for their trip home. ANOTHER GREAT DAY IN THE BLAZER BAY.

DAYS TOTAL....61 TROUT 6 REDFISH

MARSH MASTER RODS, ABU REELS, H&H TACKLE & CAMPO'S LIVE SHRIMP HAULED THEM IN AGAIN.

CAPT. HOOK / "TEAM ESCAPE"

985 847 0672 H
    504 512 2602 CELL

• Hi Tim

And if I could also echo Uwe's greetings.

It's good to see as well from your report that Katrina's devastation in '06 has had no lasting effect on the quality of the fishing.

Given the on going 'slide' in the value of the US $ against European currencies fishing in the 'States currently represents very good value for money. But just a small number of questions.

New Orleans obviously offers the most convenient hub airport for Europeans. I've seen the directions on your web site from downtown NO to Shell Beach. Roughly how long would it take timewise?

You seem to have a virtually year round season. What are the best months for the big Reds?

If anglers were to fish just two to a boat how practical would it be to fly fish, accepting that that would need to be with their own gear. If feasible I presume it wouldn't be practical from your boat to cast at tailing fish, casting instead towards structure.

Once again, Many Thanks for that initial post and looking forward to the next updates.

Kindest regards

Dave

Dave
    Honorary Life President
    Sportfishing Club of the British Isles

• Dieses Thema enthält 3 weitere Beiträge, die nur für registrierte Benutzer sichtbar sind, bitte registrieren Sie sich oder melden Sie sich an um diese lesen zu können.

Big-Game Partner

PE12

PecheXtreme

Getawaytours

Jigabite

Jupiter Sunrise Lodge

Big Game Fischen Kroatien

GT-Fishing.com