Striper, blues and tuna...

• Hi all-
    The striped bass fishing has really picked up this past week. We are seeing good schools of bass showing up everyday now- nice fresh fish covered with sea lice. The mornings have been a consistent display of surface feeding bass, lot's of schoolies with a few decent sized bass mixed in. Although I have not seen many "really" big bass yet I have been finding some 25-30" stripers that are wrist breakers on an 8wt. I actually had the chance to catch a few with a client the other day, I almost forgot how hard they can hit and pull in 54 degree water- what fun !!
    I'm amazed at the amount of bait around Casco Bay this year. Mackerel showed up in force about 5-6 days ago and are everywhere.On the days when the wind is calm the bay has really come to life with birds and bait.
    We are in a for a good stretch of weather for the next 3 days with temps reaching close to 90 and things are going to be GOOD... I heard rumors of some big bluefish tearing it up just south of us and would expect to see them show with the warmer weather. Although the bluefish are fun I'm hoping they don't show up, tear the bay and bait up in a couple of bluefish style days and then leave us with half the bait we have now. If you are booked for over the next couple of weeks you are in for some good fishing as i expect to some big bass anyday now. Bluefins are on the way as well, I hear good things about tuna just south of us on Jefferies, with some warmer days on the way I will get out and look in a week or so for those wonderful tuna to arrive.
    Life is good, get out and get some.
    -Capt. John Ford
    Portland Guide Service

Big-Game Partner

PE12

PecheXtreme

Getawaytours

Jigabite

Jupiter Sunrise Lodge

Big Game Fischen Kroatien

GT-Fishing.com