Striped bass & bluefin tuna...

• Hi all- I'm new to the forum and would like to introduce myself. My name is Capt. John Ford. I run a charter service here in Maine, US. We fish shallow clear water for striped bass along the coast here "florida style" with fly and light tackle from June-Oct. We also have a great baby bluefin tuna (20-100lbs) run mid-July through Oct.

I also run a small fishing travel business, where I take groups of anglers to destinations all over the world for tarpon, tuna, bonefish, permit and just about anything that swims.... I think you guys have a great forum here and I'll try to keep fishing reports posted through out our season here in Maine. Feel free to check out my sites and if I can answer any questions or just pass along fishing information for anyone I will.
    http://www.mainesaltwaterfishing.com and fly-fishingtheworld.com both are in need of some updates and my web guy is working on them, should have some current info on tuna and travel desinations coming soon.

Tight lines, -Capt. John Ford

• Many Thanks for your post John, and welcome to the site's forum. And we'll obviously be appreciative of posts on the fishing as the season progresses.

Given the relative current weakness of the US Dollar against the Euro and British £ fishing trips to the 'States now represent extremely good value. And the combination of sight fishing and casting at Bass & Bluefish, coupled with the school Bluefin offshore, sounds really exciting.

I think as well it's a great place to take a family holiday, combining it with other venues in those New England states. (Personally I've only got as far north in Maine as Kennebunkport.)

For those Europeans travelling from say Boston you're only about 100 miles away, straight up I95. But how about air links to Portland? I've noticed there're connections from Logan in Boston. Is it well served from other East coast cities? It's just that some may want to combine Maine with resorts further south in Florida and perhaps the Carolinas, or even New York if their wives are more interested in shopping!
    Kindest regards
    Dave

Dave
    Honorary Life President
    Sportfishing Club of the British Isles

• Thanks guys for the warm welcome... Portland is well serviced now from many other cities including JFK in NY, Philidelphia and Atlanta. Prices seem to be just as good as boston lately. I'll try and post up some photos from last season if i can figure out how to post them. Also: as you mentioned a great place to take family on Holiday, and the town just north of us is Freeport, home of LL Beans and loaded with shopping outlets for the wives.

I have taken a few anglers from the UK over the past few years. It sounds like they have a type of "sea bass" they chase along thier coast.

Thanks and tight lines, -Capt. John

PS- Milchner I love the fish avatar in your post-very cool...

• Zitat

Originally posted by Capt. John F

I have taken a few anglers from the UK over the past few years. It sounds like they have a type of "sea bass" they chase along thier coast.

We do John. They're very similar but considerably smaller - top out at 20lbs maximum.

In terms of posting pictures if they're already on the web you can add the urls using the 7th icon from the top row, above your reply. As you bring it into focus the word IMAGE is displayed. Alternatively, below the message box, there's a button for Attachments for stuff that's on your hard drive.

All the Best
    Dave
    PS Yes I'd forgotten about the shopping opportunities at Freeport!

Dave
    Honorary Life President
    Sportfishing Club of the British Isles

• Dieses Thema enthält einen weiteren Beitrag, der nur für registrierte Benutzer sichtbar ist, bitte registrieren Sie sich oder melden Sie sich an um diesen lesen zu können.

Big-Game Partner

PE12

PecheXtreme

Getawaytours

Jigabite

Jupiter Sunrise Lodge

Big Game Fischen Kroatien

GT-Fishing.com