206lb Alligator Gar

• For those forum members who freshwater fish, especially for Wels Catfish, I thought this brief report from one of our Club members, Marc Towers, might well be of interest:

Zitat

I have and am trying to line up a few good freshwater trips over the coming years - different targets of course, but there is a 'big fish' list and another more 'classical list'. Part of my goal for this year is to try and catch one (hopefully two) wild caught 100lb plus freshwater fish. To achieve the first of these goals, I lined up four days gar fishing on the Trinity River in Texas, fishing with Kirk Kirkland, who is widely accepted as being the best guide with whom to do such trips.

First day was a little slow - two runs, and two fish the result - but both small fish in the 25-40lb mark. The second day was a huge improvement, and actually turned out to be the best day of the season thus far (still to be bettered). I had five gar in total - not a spectacular result, but the important aspect of it was the two biggest fish were very large - a brace of 181 and 206 lb fish. Needless to say I was a very happy man - my realistic ambition had been one or more 100 lb plus fish, but to catch a double ton-up fish was a huge bonus, and these two fish are still standing as the two biggest of the season.

I've attached a couple of images to this post to illustrate the size of the fish but there are others on this thread - http://www.worldseafishing.com…ise-lodge-may-2013-a.html .

Dave
    Honorary Life President
    Sportfishing Club of the British Isles

Big-Game Partner

PE12

PecheXtreme

Getawaytours

Jigabite

Jupiter Sunrise Lodge

Big Game Fischen Kroatien

GT-Fishing.com