SEA OF CORTEZ-EAST CAPE, Mr Lucky

• Mr Lucky
    It has been an outstanding week on the East Cape. Seiners have backed off and tuna have come on strong. The fish have been a considerable distance to the South but biting well. No huge fish but 15 to 25 pounders have been getting anglers attention and a limit of filets fills a cooler nicely.
    Closer to home off the high spot at La Ribera striped marlin, sailfish and dorado have been very consistent. Most boats targeting billfish have been releasing multiple fish. The bite has been the strongest early in the morning and late in the afternoon with it going a little flat mid day.
    Bait has been available and easy to find. Sardines have been for sale daily as have caballitos.

I have taken note that some fishing groups have incredible luck. When these certain guys show up it doesn't matter if fishing has been good or not and my crew knows we are in for some killer fishing. George Gavallos, Bill Potter, Bill Heim, Mike McClane and Wayne Shimabuka are just a few that come to mind. These guys don't pay attention to moon phase or have some secret formula to success. They just come to have a good time with the attitude catching a few would be a bonus. That attitude works and the fishermen that have it catch the most.

Without a doubt the luckiest of them all is Accurate Jack Nilsen. We were fortunate to have him again this week and as always when he is here there is lots of action. With Mr Lucky we never leave the dock early. The standard routine is for Jack to get on the boat with his guests around 8-ish. He then sets up his camera gear and retires to the couch in the salon for a little snooze until we have motored to the fishing grounds. This man always has a grin on his face like the cat that just ate the canary. He will relax and wait for the chaos to begin and it always seems to happen for Jack. I have never seen anything like it.

Accurate Fish Products reminds me of Apple computers. They have the best products and always seem to be ahead of the curve with something new. We are lucky to get a peak at these new Accurate innovations when Jack brings them for field testing.

Stay tuned. A new Jen Wren Sportfishing You tube video is in the works. I will post the link on our Facebook page when it is released.

We were slowing the boat down to troll live bait when this Bomboy lure got bit on the sink

Bomboy's do get bit

Hard to get good help. Jack fights the fish tests a new reel and films it at the same time

Lots of action

Come to papa

A little rainy weather didn't slow us down

Ryan Kelly and his brother Pete battled a double sailfish hook up in the rain

Mr Lucky with Pete Kelly

Constant action when Mr Lucky is here

There is the grin I described

For the latest East Cape conditions "like" JEN WREN Sportfishing | Facebook
    Mark Rayor
    teamjenwren.com
    markrayor.blogspot.com
    JEN WREN Sportfishing | Facebook
    US cell 310 308 5841

Big-Game Partner

PE12

PecheXtreme