SEA OF CORTEZ, EAST CAPE - A BIZZAIRE FISH TAIL

• A bizzare fish tail
    Our week started out with strong winds and angry seas. It was so rocky 'n rolly I didn't pack my cameras, for fear of damaging them. That didn't stop Brent Kison and Phil Bidarn from fishing on Jen Wren III for three days. During that time they released one bill fish or more each day, caught a fish locker full of dorado and even a wahoo. On their last day they added 8 nice 30 pound yellowfin tuna to the tally. All the action came just a few miles off shore near La Ribera.

Finally the seas have calmed and yesterday I fished on Mi Corazon with owner Andrew Hughes and a couple of his buddies. We fished in shore between Punta Colorada and the light house and witnessed dorado in a feeding frenzy. Andrew also landed his first sierra of this season.

Yesterday, I captured the images below.

Every morning I look out my window and pinch myself.

First sierra mackerel of the season. Winter is on it's way.

"No legs" Greg bags a dorado. This guy is incredible. He is a double amputee and gets around better than most guys with all their appendages.

This bait got chewed. Maybe a trigger fish got to it?

Needlefish don't normally chew big chunks out of a larger bait

Check out this bizzare tail

This dorado must have had a close encounter at some point in its life. I wish it could tell the tale of what happened to it's tail.

Mark Rayor
    www.teamjenwren.com
    Fishing the East Cape with Mark Rayor

Big-Game Partner

PE12

PecheXtreme

Getawaytours

Jigabite

Jupiter Sunrise Lodge

Big Game Fischen Kroatien

GT-Fishing.com