SEA OF CORTEZ, EAST CAPE - When they make the turn

• WHEN THEY MAKE THE TURN
    Yellowfin tuna jumping and feeding with schools of porpoise are being found 35 to 50 miles from Los Barriles. The tuna have been very finicky and even the first boat to find a school is having a hard time getting bit. After a couple other boats arrive on the scene it is game over.

Close to home billfish and dorado have been more cooperative and providing lots of action. Most of the dorado have been too small to keep but the sailfish, striped and blue marlin are keeping anglers busy.

My brother from another mother Accurate Jack Nilsen shot photography and field tested new products while fishing Jen Wren III for a few days. Jack invited different guests to fish each day. Catching multiple billfish daily allowed everyone invited to land one. All were released except for one blue marlin that died in battle after being brain hooked.

Most of the fish caught came into our lure pattern and we were able to switch them to bait. It is a hoot to sit in the bridge and watch marlin in pursuit. When coming from behind it is very difficult for them to get a good line on the bait. With eyes being on the sides of their head and a big snout sticking out over their mouth its pretty hard to catch a bait straight in front of them. As the lures are trolled away the fish chases, becomes more frustrated and lights up. I watched fish after fish in pursuit. It is when they make the turn on a bait the game begins.

It has been a hay day for billfish. Between Jack and myself we captured some incredible images.

I couldn't resist posting this picuture of sea turtles hatching on the beach. Jen and I discovered these the other night while going for a walk on the beach. We helped more than 30 to the waters edge. Now we are discovering hatches all up and down our Buena Vista beach.

Accurate Jack reporting for work.

Jack filming Accurate pro staffer Kathy Rounds

Triples on the marlin. It doen't get much better.

We were surprised this blue marlin didn't make it until discovering it was brain hooked. Bad luck for the fish but none went to waste.

Mark Rayor
    http://www.thejenwren.com
    markrayor.blogspot.com

Big-Game Partner

PE12

PecheXtreme

Getawaytours

Jigabite

Jupiter Sunrise Lodge

Big Game Fischen Kroatien

GT-Fishing.com