Mark White Lures

• Greetings board members. My name is Mark White and I'm a maker of lures for deep sea, near shore and fresh water. I live in Hawaii on the island of Kauai where my wife and I have been operating a pottery studio for almost 30 years. About 20 years ago my 4 year old son wanted to start fishing so we got bamboo poles and headed to our local streams and reservoirs with earth worms for bait. We had a lot of fun until we started hooking up Tucanares (peacock bass) using baby Tilapias for bait. On one occasion my son was nearly pulled in. Fortunately for him I didn't know much about knots. I discovered you really need a spinning reel to fight those kinds of fish. Our passion for fishing grew and we started reading everything we could about fishing. As I developed my skills, we started salt water fishing for Papio (Trevally under 10 pounds) and other near shore species. I became very interested in top water plugs and started making some out of my porcelain clay body for fun. I quickly realized some of the benefits of using a ceramic material over plastic or wood. Mainly the increased casting distance gave me more territory to expose the lure to. I was having a great time whipping from the cliffs and reefs along the south shore of Kauai. I had to upgrade my equipment to deal with the 15-40+lb. Ulua (Trevally over 10 pounds), Kahala (Amberjack), and Kawakawa (Skipjack Tuna) I was hooking up. The old timers started asking me if they could buy the ceramic lures because of my success. I couldn't sell the early prototypes to my friends, so I put them to work as test team members. It was great for me to see these guys hooking up on my lures. After 10 years of R&D I finally decided to start selling lures. I also started working with friend and neighbor Abram Boido, a commercial fisherman for 30 years, now residing in Kona. Abram was my advisor for the trolling line. He has landed tons of fish on my lures, literally!

• Welcome aboard, Mark.

Your lures are in use by a select few in this board, just to
    mention the "Pope" himself who sniffed your Kauai-Product
    out on Oahu, nevertheless. He's a pro in the Adriatic Med.
    Furthermore I think there is a gifted "Neo-Spaniard" in the
    Western Mediterranean and me and my Austrian friend
    Albert (always one in the for the Blue Marlin) in South-West
    Africa who troll your lures.

Fine craftsmanship indeed I find and our YF tuna and the fat
    mahimahi simply cannot resist the pocket missiles, the blue
    marlin also the larger bullet heads. So, it was nice to have the
    career story now from across the Pacific.

Q: Have you tried out to build sliders for an ulua or yft in
    surf or blue water respectively?

Your contributions to the board are most welcome. Speaks for
    itself, that you kindly consider discretion as yet, when it comes
    to "product placement".

You're most welcome to asume a board sponsorship status
    to brand your beautiful porcelain heads, which in my view
    deserve a closer look for the fisheries across Mediterannean
    and tempered Atlantic Waters most frequently chosen by
    our board fellows. Kindly contact Uwe aka "milchner", our
    MOD "chieftain" for advice.

The board members and the established sponsors will
    contact you equally discretely by PM to show their
    interest and appreciation.

Thanks for your understanding and Aloha, BIG White!

PARGO

================================
    si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Pargo ()

• Zitat

Thank you Pargo for the warm welcome and nice comments. Working with an unusual material for trolling and surface plug lures has been very challenging. As far as the Sliders, I am working on some new prototypes that have a very interesting swim pattern. I look forward to working with the board members to help you get the most out of your fishing experiences in Hawaii and if you have any questions about my products I'd be happy to answer them. Aloha, Mark

9" scoop jet pink/red eyes

Big-Game Partner

PE12

PecheXtreme

Getawaytours

Jigabite

Jupiter Sunrise Lodge

Big Game Fischen Kroatien

GT-Fishing.com