capeverde 2010 catch report

• hi david,

long time no hear ! how is it in "bella italia" ? everything ok ?

what a pitty all fishermen believe there are no marlin around before april/may here in marlin paradise..................wheather conditions since december are much better than in summer, calm blue seas and not that hot in the evenings, perfect ! guess we all made a big mistake in the past, promoting best marlin fishery from april to july. only told wolfgang the other day; we went out on HAPPY HOOKER II in january to make a job for the fishing departement, did not fish, but had two small lures without hooks in the water while we went 40 miles north. 4 blues were interested..................now zak fishing 3 days, had 11 bites and caught 5 or 6..............., for x-mas one boat went down to santo antao for some bottom fishing, trawling on their way, counting four blues and caught one. well, it's impossible to have fish around 365 days a year, there will allways be the one or other poor week between, thats fishing.

anyhow,
    all the best and see you soon,

berno

a bad day fishing is better than the best day at work

• ahoi Lads on Kabuverdee!!

I wish you a prosperous season, may the run start as early as
    new reality permits.

Thanks to Wolf and DV for your precise info. That's what the BG-addicts
    need toknow to find time and fish with your fine boats.

On our "end" of the Angolan Atlantic we also observe a severe change of
    seasons for Sail and Marlin. Interestingly, Marlin now stay here all year round.

A smart catch of our crew onboard an invitation boat in September 2009
    proves this change-of-seasons-theory.

Normally, Marlin will not bite after June and not before early November...
    that, in the wake of the Sail run... which this season did not start before
    deep December...

Observations in the 2009/2010 Season:
    1. dry season was long, rather mild than cold and not dry...
    2. rainy season should have started only mid-October... but we had mild percipitation even before that
    3. we should be in the mid-season dry spell... but it rained all December, January heavily and now we
    have strong overcast threatening a strong tropical thunderstorm every day.
    4. winds should prevail from SW... but we have constant offshore breeze from W or NW... smelling of
    lush grass land...
    5. currents should be in a "pause" mode before in mid-March the Antorctic Benguela current should dominate...
    instead we have a 2kn strong current setting South to NorthWest

Billfish "Stock Take / Balance of Accounts":
    Big Game Competition Fioshing realy takes off now in Angola amongst the Nationals and
    a few selected "estrangeiros" like our "United Nations" Team Malta da Kianda
    (2 x Angolan, 1 x Scott, 1 x German).
    The 25 odd boats running for glory every 2 to 3 weeks during the warm/rainy season
    are a significant fleet to do tag and release style "stock takes" during every competition.
    Major events (all 8 of 8 national competitions yield a "wild card" for the Mexico off-shore
    world championship) even have 35 to 60 crews competing.

This season those "stock take" competitions yield significant and consistent change in our
    waters this year...
    ... and in consequence the Angolan Angling Association Management consider to change
    the season-start/end/Sailfish Classic etc to new dates along the season.

Not to highjack this thread too much, I will start an Atlantic Climate Change
    "monitoring" thread some time later this year.

Dear All, I hope the drastic winter did'nt make you jump of the "Fernsehturm" just yet...
    so let's see what the Kabuverdee Marlins throw in this season for the Atlantic Records!!!
    :sehrgut:

Tight Lines all!!

PARGO

PARGO

================================
    si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

• Hi Berno
    Nice to have news from you....
    Bella Italia is not so beautiful at he moment....we are in the middle of a snow storm....what a winter.....

I think you are so right about the mistake of promoting marlin fishing only during spring and summer months...I firmly believe you have chances to catch blues everyday of the year at Mindelo.
    I missed the opportunity to spend a fishing week last january because of Sabrina....too many problems with her doctor job but we decided to book a whole fishing week next year at the end of january-mid february to deeply explore fishing grounds to show everyone how marlin fishing can be good even in "low" season.
    and ...who knows ....maybe we could change the history....and you could have more clients even in winter....

See you next may my friend. Take care.
    btw...how was your hunting season??? I know for sure you came in Italy hunting with Paolo Caprioglio...was it good???

Ciao Ciao
    David Viani

• Dieses Thema enthält 32 weitere Beiträge, die nur für registrierte Benutzer sichtbar sind, bitte registrieren Sie sich oder melden Sie sich an um diese lesen zu können.

Big-Game Partner

PE12

PecheXtreme

Getawaytours

Jigabite

Jupiter Sunrise Lodge

Big Game Fischen Kroatien

GT-Fishing.com